Excessive Shedding in Dogs
"My dog is shedding everywhere! How can I help her stop shedding so much?"
When your dog is shedding excessively, it is an opportunity to improve the overall health of your dog and remove stress on the body that causes too much shedding. The following products are recommended for dogs with profuse shedding or skin conditions:
Fish oil is great for improving the condition of the skin and coat, and protecting the cells of the skin, which leads to less shedding. Providing a toxin-free form of omega-3 fish oil, like Celavin™, is a great way to support against shedding.Dermix™
Contains anti-oxidant compounds, such as, beta-carotene, bioflavonoids, vitamins C and E, selenium, and sulfur-containing amino acids, which are needed to protect the body from the tremendous increase in free radicals that takes place during an inflammatory process.
Shedding is often a stress response in the body. One of the major contributors of stress is poor digestion. Enzyme Miracle® is very effective at reducing digestive stress, which is a direct contributor of excessive shedding in dogs.
Why do dogs shed?
Everyone knows that dogs shed, but excessive shedding is not normal, although it is common. The shedding of fur is a normal function for dogs. Dog fur grows in cycles with old fur being pushed out in the mature phase and new fur replacing it. If the process seems to be not functioning properly there could be a few culprits.
POSSIBLE CAUSES FOR EXCESS SHEDDING IN DOGS
- Hormonal imbalances in dog
- Impaired thyroid function
- Vitamin deficiency
- Digestive stress
HOW TO REDUCE SHEDDING IN DOGS
- Essential fatty acids (Omega-3) can help to balance hormone levels, reduce inflammation, support skin cells, and address other causes of too much shedding.
- Vitamins and antioxidant compounds like beta-carotene, bioflavonoids, vitamins C and E, selenium, and sulfur-containing amino acids, which will help to provide the nutrients needed to support all functions.
- Support the digestive process and reduce bodily stress with supplemental enzymes. This is a very important, and often overlooked aspect to why many dogs shed too much.
It's important to seek the advice of your veterinarian if you suspect your dog has a serious medical condition causing hair loss or excessive shedding.