Dog Arthritis is a degenerative condition that affects one or more joints in dogs. One of the most common types of arthritis that dogs suffer from is Osteoarthritis (Degenerative Joint Disease in dogs). 20% of all dogs will suffer from Osteoarthritis during their lifetime. Though older dogs suffer more from arthritis, the problem also can affect younger dogs as well. It can be brought on by a host of joint conditions such hip dysplasia, damage to ligaments, patella luxation, and joint trauma. Large-breed dogs are affected by arthritis more often than small dogs, due to the extra strain placed on joints and ligaments.
how to recognize dog arthritis:
- Dog is slow to rise from a resting position.
- Dog is reluctant to climb steps.
- Dog tires easily or lags behind on walks.
- Dog appears stiff or even limp after activity.
If your dog has any of these symptoms, your dog may be suffering to some degree from arthritis or osteoarthritis.
Degenerative joint disease is incurable, but treatment can substantially improve the dog’s life. Here are some basic things you can do to improve your dogs life.
Treatment for dog arthritis:
- Allow your dog to have moderate, but not excessive exercise.
- Use chondroprotective agents, such as Regenex, to repair your dog's joint cartilage and prevent further damage from arthritis. Regenex includes Glucosamine sulfate, MSM, and Chondroitin which have been studied to help with symptoms of arthritis in dogs.
- Control your dog's weight: Don't overfeed, and, use a digestive enzyme with each meal to reduce possible inflammation due to poor digestion.
- Make sure your dog's sleeping area is soft and dry.
- A diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids will help to reduce pain that is associated with inflammation. Try Celavin Omega-3 fish oil for dogs.
Dog Arthritis Treatment
Recommended for Dog Arthritis
Regenex™ for Dogs includes the key ingredients Glucosamine Sulfate, Chondroitin, and MSM. These ingredients have been studied to help with symptoms of arthritis in dogs. Nusentia has provided for significant dosing of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM and manufactured them to the highest quality standards, ensuring optimal absorption.
Learn more about Regenex »
Celavin™ fish oil for dogs is a premium quality Omega-3 supplement. The essential fatty acids help to reduce the inflammation caused by dog arthritis. Other benefits include vibrant skin and coat.
Learn more about Celavin »
Enzymes™ is a complete enzyme supplement for dogs that includes eleven types of vegetarian digestive enzymes. When your dog completely digests his meal, there is less chance for undigested remnants to cause inflammation due to allergies and toxin build-up.
Learn more about digestive enzymes »
Related articles about dog arthritis:
What's Right for Your Dog? We Can Help.
At Nusentia, our goal is to elevate pet health to human standards and beyond. If you have questions about which products are right for your pet, give us a call or send us your question.
Toll Free (866) 315-2144