Excessive Cat Shedding
Excessive cat shedding is not normal, although common. The shedding of hair is a normal function for cats. Cat hair grows in cycles with old hair being pushed out in the mature phase and new hair replacing it. If the process seems to be not functioning properly there could be a few culprits:
possible causes of cat shedding:
- Hormonal imbalances in cat
- Cat has impaired thyroid function
- Cat has a vitamin deficiency
- Parasites in your cat
To recognize excessive cat shedding, look for when your beautiful furry cat begins to look like a hairless breed (though we love them too), or if your couch seems to be covered in fur.
what to do about cat shedding:
- Essential fatty acid formulas such as Celavin as they can help to balance hormone levels
- A Multi-Vitamin formula such as Spectrin for Cats which contains anti-oxidant compounds as beta-carotene, bioflavonoids, vitamins C and E, selenium, and sulfur-containing amino acids, which will help to provide the nutrients needed to support all functions.
Yes, the solution for cat shedding is simple: Provide your cat with key nutritional support to abate the problem and help to develop a more vibrant coat.
Supplements for Excessive Cat Shedding
What we recommend to stop excessive cat shedding
When your cat is shedding excessively, it is an opportunity to improve the overall health of your cat and remove stress on the body that causes too much shedding. The following products are recommended for cats with profuse shedding or skin conditions:
1. Give your cat Spectrin, multivitamin for cats. The key nutrients in Spectrin were selected to help cats with vitamin deficiencies that cause excessive shedding. Spectrin has been effective with helping cat owners to improve their cat's skin, coat, and shedding problems. Other ingredients help protect against allergies and other stresses that affect your cat.
Learn more about Spectrin »
2. Use Celavin to help balance hormonal levels, among the other benefits of omega-3 fish oil.
Learn more about Celavin »
3. By adding Digestive Enzymes to your cat's meals, you help take the stress off the body that comes from producing all the enzymes in the modern diet. Your cat's meals are empty of most of the natural enzymes that come with a natural cat diet, this stress on the body can cause excessive shedding in cats. Digestive enzymes also help your cat to absorb more key nutrients from his/her meal.
Learn more about Digestive Enzymes »
What's Right for Your Cat? We Can Help.
At Nusentia, our goal is to elevate pet health to human standards and beyond. If you have questions about which products are right for your cat, give us a call or send us your question.
Toll Free (866) 315-2144